Have you been considering a move? Are you feeling like you may have to much space? Tired of cleaning empty rooms?...
As time passes and life moves forward, our needs seem to change; including how much living space we require. What had been the perfect home for you and your family has now become almost a chore to upkeep. If this sounds familiar and you’re having doubts that your current home is still meeting your needs, it may be time to consider downsizing.
You look worried… Now we know that change can be uncomfortable, however; downsizing is not as overwhelming as you may think. It gives you an opportunity to go through your treasures or unused items and decide if they still fit with your needs today. Decluttering your world can be an inspiring “new beginning” as opposed to a daunting task. The question remains is “condo life” in your future or maybe we are at a stage to move into a smaller bungalow as you still truly enjoy your flowers or garden in the Spring/Summer months.
You might be wondering what makes condos different from your normal houses? Basically, you own your unit but you also share ownership of the land, building and common areas. You share costs with fellow members of your condo association, and decisions are left to the property management company & your condominium board. Condo’s come in a variety of shapes and sizes which means finding the right fit for you may be easier than you think.
There are many advantages of downsizing into a condo that you may not have considered:
1) Added safety of having neighbours a few steps away as well as options with a secured front entrance.
2) You will no longer have to worry about upkeep to the exterior or yard of your residence. In most cases, condo fees will cover the outside work required to maintain the complex.
3) The customization options are endless with a condo. If you don’t like the colour on the walls, feel free to paint over it. Unlike renting, condos offer an opportunity to make your living space unique to your style.
4) Some amenities like a gym and a swimming pool are unlikely to be found in a home but are available in some condos in the city.
5) Condos come with a set of rules to avoid disturbing your neighbours. You can rely on being in a quiet environment and having some semblance of order throughout your building.
Making the decision to downsize is a big one but you’ll be happy you did. Our team of professionals at Peakman Group are here every step of the way to ensure you are not only comfortable with your decision but also that the process goes smoothly. Contact us today at the office 306-790-3644 or visit our website at www.peakmangroup.ca We are happy to discuss your downsizing options and determine if it’s the right time for you.
Live … where you love. That’s our specialty!